Topic: Industrial Markets

Is there anyone out there with examples of success using Metrix in Industrial Markets. I know there are many Industrial users, but I haven't been able to find any case studies or anything like that. Anyhow, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: Industrial Markets

George,

Over the past 10 years, industrial customers were more concerned about putting out product and were not really thinking about energy. To the high level execs, I think, it was easy to buy cheaper materials, or cut workforce than to invest in energy savings stuff. Also, energy management can be dicey. If their new energy management system screws up and shuts down the chiller for an hour or two, they might lose a batch of silicon wafers, or something like that.

I think now, since times are bad, they are starting to look at saving energy, which has made sense all along, but the execs are now starting to figure it out, and are now more easily persuaded to devote resources toward saving energy costs.

For this reason, I am having a hard time coming up with current industrial users of Metrix. I have lots of universities, school districts, government entities, property management companies, but not industrial customers.

There is no good reason I can think of, except that they have not devoted the resources to energy managers until now. We do have some industrial leads who are thinking of buying Metrix now. It is coming...

I hope this helps.

Isn't it more because most industrial EE projects are going to use Option A, B or D, not whole facility methods?

Yes, when it comes to M&V, they don't look at utility bills so much, probably because usage varies in accordance with production.

I ran across a car company though, and I hope to publish a paper about it soon, where their usage correlated very well with car production AND weather.

But John C., I agree, you are right.

Try the tutorial in chapter 2 of the users manual. That will give you a good clue of the steps you need to take in order to set up a project, and tune it.

We offer guaranteed success for learnalanguage learn turkish exam with help of latest certification learnalanguage.com and practice questions and the exams of French Yabla ccie security

Stretches should be performed before you begin your exercise and afterwards to cool the muscle from intense performance. When stretching, it is best to hold a position for 15 to 30 seconds and try not to bounce during the hold. Bouncing will force the muscle to hit a tendon or body part unnecessarily and may cause injury.