Job Description: Custodian
This position is a member on the Account Facilities team who is responsible for ensuring quality delivery of custodial services at a high-availability, critical infrastructure client site. This individual will help ensure contract deliverables are met or exceeded, safety practices observed, and applies best practices.
Key Elements and Essential Tasks
• Responsible for general cleaning, vacuuming floors and furniture, emptying trash and recycling containers, dusting, washing windows and mirrors, cleaning/stocking restrooms, bathrooms, and offices.
• Moves furniture and performs set-ups for functions and events; removes/replaces flags, flag ropes and hardware.
• Maintains stock levels of custodial supplies and equipment.
• Observes condition of building finishes, identifies needed repairs, and submits information to supervisor.
• Operates and maintains equipment, including floor cleaning machines, paper and product dispensers, and some hand tools. Occasionally operates government owned passenger vehicles as well as electric and gas powered all-terrain vehicles to transport personnel and materials.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• High school education or undergraduate degree preferred.
• Knowledge of materials, supplies, equipment and methods of commercial cleaning and maintenance.
• 1+ years equivalent commercial cleaning/housekeeping experience preferred.
• Current Colorado Journeyman Plumber license required.
• Experience handling sensitive client and/or company issues, escalating with urgency, or mitigating or de-escalating risks.
• Proven ability in balancing interests of the client with those of the company.
• Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Basic computer systems proficiency expected.
• Able to achieve client Security Clearance requirements.
• Able to pass background check and drug testing.
General Professional Expectations/Requirements
• All personnel must participate and actively support company safety processes;
o Act as an observer
o Allow others to observe work you are performing
o Report all near loss and loss events immediately
o Report all hazard events immediately.