Job Description: Journeyman Plumber
This position is a member on the Account Facilities team who is responsible for ensuring quality delivery of the plumbing systems at a high-availability, critical infrastructure client site. This individual will help ensure contract deliverables are met or exceeded, safety practices observed, and applies best practices.
Key Elements and Essential Tasks
• Repair and installation of all plumbing related equipment including multi-story commercial building water lift systems, deionized water systems, and laboratory-grade water filtration systems.
• Responsible for the completion of all PM and record keeping assigned to his/her areas of responsibility
• Responding to occupant requests for repair of laboratory systems, toilet/restroom facilities, cleaning of stopped drains and sewer lines requiring the use of motorized equipment
• Respond to emergencies at any time
• Ability to install new construction plumbing and piping systems including but not limited to sewer, domestic water, fuel gas, storm sewer, roof drains and medical gas.
• Ability to install new plumbing fixtures
• The facility operates 7x24x365 with no operational downtime. This position will be scheduled for the day shift, but must be available to work nights or weekends for shift coverage and/or to service emergency needs.
• Maintain proper stock inventory of parts, tools, and safety equipment to support the plumber function.
• Process work orders and purchase orders in a timely manner in accordance with company policy. Support facility specific maintenance targets to meet and exceed account key performance indicators.
• Obtain client acceptance upon completion of work orders. Obtain manager sign-off of completed work orders.
• Document all equipment installations and/or replacements to include; make, model, serial number, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
• Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations. Fully document the issue, and what is needed to correct it.
• Participate in company provided training opportunities as required.
• Identify and report to manager any observed conditions that could lead to potential equipment failure due to wear or end of useful life.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• High school education or undergraduate degree preferred.
• State issued Journeyman’s license or other proof of having Journeyman level skill/certification and a Backflow Prevention Certification preferred or ability to get certified within 6 months from hire.
• Five or more years’ experience, at a Journeyman level, working plumbing trade in commercial and industrial environment
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
• Experience handling sensitive client and/or company issues, escalating with urgency, or mitigating or de-escalating risks.
• Proven ability in balancing interests of the client with those of the company.
• Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Basic computer systems proficiency expected.
• Able to achieve client Security Clearance requirements.
• Able to pass background check and drug testing.
General Professional Expectations/Requirements
• All personnel must participate and actively support company safety processes;
o Act as an observer
o Allow others to observe work you are performing
o Report all near loss and loss events immediately
o Report all hazard events immediately.
Job Description: Journeyman Plumber