|The term ‘sustainability’ can be viewed as humanity’s target goal of human-ecosystem equilibrium (homeostasis), while ‘sustainable development’ refers to the holistic approach and sequential processes that lead us to the end-point of sustainability. Despite the increased popularity of the term “sustainability”, the possibility that human societies will achieve environmental sustainability continues to be questioned - considering environmental degradation, climate change, overconsumption, population growth and societies’ pursuit of indefinite economic growth in a closed system.
|Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), also called corporate conscience, corporate citizenship or responsible business, is a form of corporate self-regulation integrated into a business model. CSR policy functions as a self-regulatory mechanism whereby a business monitors and ensures its active compliance with the spirit of the law, ethical standards and national or international norms. Abraxas seeks to align with clients that reflect sustainability and CSR in their core values, offering energy management and facility management (FM) services that help them achieve their sustainability and/or CSR goals.
Within the energy management domain, our services include;
- Energy Audits: inspection, survey and analysis of energy flows, for energy conservation in a building, process or system to reduce the amount of energy input into the system without negatively affecting the output(s).
- Energy Management: planning and operation of energy production and energy consumption units. Objectives are resource conservation, climate protection and cost savings, while the users have permanent access to the energy they need.
- Commissioning/Re-Commissioning/Continuous Commissioning: commissioning (Cx) is the process of verifying the subsystems for mechanical (HVAC), plumbing, electrical, fire/life safety, building envelopes, interior systems (i.e., laboratory units), co-generation, utility plants, sustainable systems, lighting, wastewater, controls, and building security to achieve the owner’s project requirements as intended by the building owner and as designed by the building architects and engineers.
|With respect to reporting and certifications, our services include;
- Energy Star Reporting: the EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® (online tool) was created to measure and track energy & water consumption, as well as greenhouse gas emissions. It benchmarks the performance of one building or a whole portfolio of buildings, in a secure online environment.
- GRI Reporting: the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is an international independent standards organization that helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate their impacts on issues such as climate change, human rights and corruption.
- LEED Assessment: developed by the non-profit U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) includes a set of rating systems for the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of green buildings that aims to help building owners and operators be environmentally responsible and use resources efficiently.