|Metrix » Rates|
When rates change in the middle of billing periods:
- Metrix determines the percentage of the billing period that falls into each rate (the prior and the post).
- Old Rate # Days = (1/1/96 - 12/14/95) = 17 days 48.6% of days in this bill go toward old rate
- New Rate # Days = (1/18/96 - 1/1/96) = 18 days 51.4% of days in this bill go toward new rate
Metrix then applies the old and new rates to the entire bill.
- Old Rate $ = kWh * Old Rate $/kWh + kW * Old Rate $/kW +
- New Rate $ = kWh * New Rate $/kWh + kW * New Rate $/kW +
Metrix then multiplies the dollar amount given by each rate times its respective fraction as calculated in step 1.
Total $ = Old Rate $ * 48.6% + New Rate $ * 51.4%
That is, given:
|Bill Date||# Billing Days||Usage||Demand|
|1/18/96||35 days||100 kWh||10 kW|
and given a New Rate Effective 1/1/96:
Otherwise feel free to contact our Tech Support staff at (805) 329-6565, or via email at email@example.com.